Sunday, October 24, 2010

Review Week 5

This week we practiced drawing the skull from memory. We will be having a skull test where we have to draw 5 views of the skull from memory next week. I found it very difficult to remember the structures of the face of the skull. I need to go back and study the landmarks and memorize how they look in relation to one another. I struggled with the cheekbones and mouth and jaw area in particular. I feel like I spent more time trying to create volume in the cranium than studying the facial structure. I think I may have just looked at the shapes and drew them as opposed to actually studying the structure of the bones. I didn't have as much trouble drawing the overall shape of the skull from each of the views and I found it much easier to draw the back of the cranium since we focused on it so strongly in the last series of drawings. Overall, I have a lot of practice set ahead for me so I can be well prepared for the test next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment