Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Review Week 3

This week we continued to work on the skull. Our assignment was to create 5 drawings of the cranium alone. We were to draw a 10 minute gesture of the top of the cranium, and 4 finished drawings of the profile, back, 3/4 back and 3/4 front. One of the 3/4 drawings must be only cross contour and the other should have cross contour and long axis lines with value on one side plane. I found the drawing of the top of the cranium to be extremely difficult. Due to working in the studio with limited views I have a slight view of the side plane as well and I found it difficult to make the form look accurate. After this drawing I focused on the straight back view. It is difficult to draw such a simple shape and try and make it look not only true to the form, but interesting as well. I abandoned this drawing and plan on starting over. I moved on to the 3/4 back view. I had more success with this angle and I was able to incorporate cross contour and long axis lines into the drawing, as well as value to one side plane. This weekend I will continue to work at home with my skull to finish the assignment for critique on Wednesday. I hope it will have enough detail to create an interesting drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment