Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review Week 8

This week we began our large scale skeleton drawings. On Monday I taped two pencils together for extra reaching ability, and I began to sketch the general form. It was quite difficult to get each area of the body proportional while trying to develop a successful composition as well. On Wednesday I continued to map out the general form and by the end of the class I began to refine the bones. I found myself being too confident in my mark making. I make a dark line and am forced to erase it shortly after. I think I need to be more tentative with the complexity of the skeleton form. I am happy with the way the drawing is turning out thus far. Amy visited my drawing at the end of class and we decided that the rib cage is too short and the skull needs to be higher...more erasing! I hope it shows the process in the final drawing, but at the moment, it's looking a little messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment