Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review Week 7

This week we reviewed the skeleton and prepared our drawing boards and paper for the large scale drawings. I was absent on Monday, but I went back to my sketches from Life Drawing I and reviewed the basics. It was useful to look back on my notes since my memory was a little fuzzy after drawing skulls and the face for so long. On Wednesday Amy and Evan took a trip to fleet farm to buy the drawing boards. After carrying them in, I trimmed my board to 6ft and cut my paper to fit accordingly. I am a little intimidated by the large drawing. I feel like it is looming at me and I'm not sure how to go about drawing at the top. This is the first time I will be working this large and I hope it will be successful. I enjoy the "looming" aspect that a large scale work naturally gives off. I think it will be a challenge but I look forward to working on it next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment