Sunday, September 12, 2010

Introductory Post

Hello Life Drawing II! I am Sarah Leslie, a fourth year student here at Stout. Only three semesters to go! I'm a studio art major with an emphasis in drawing. I am taking life drawing II not only to complete my studio requirements, but also to further my understanding of the human body and how it is drawn. I would like to better my skills of drawing from live subjects and improve my mark-making. I am eager to start on the skeleton studies, since we didn't work with them much in life drawing I.

Last semester I took Drawing III for the second time. Feel free to check out my work on my blog http://sarahlesliesblog.blogspot.com/ I am excited to return to a more traditional drawing class to freshen my skills for drawing III once again in the spring.

Unfortunately my demanding work schedule limited my amount of fun this summer, but I was able to take a road trip to Montana where I finally saw my first mountain! What a humbling experience to stand in front of one of natures greatest majesties. The transition of landscapes was enticing and so very different from the Midwest. But school is back and session and it's time to get back into the swing of things. I hope our life drawing II class periods can be my escape in a hectic schedule of three studio classes, aesthetics and a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment