Monday, September 20, 2010

Review Week 1

This week we began drawing the skull. We briefly studied the skull at the end of Life Drawing I, so it was nice to pick up where I left off. We were introduced to the planes of the skull and the structural form the bones create. It was very helpful to lay out the overall form of the skull using circles and block shapes to create a general shape. I found my dimensions of the skull to be much truer to the form when I work from general to specific in the drawing process. I have discovered that my most problematic step in drawing the skull is the area from the nose to the chin. I tend to disregard the diagonal angle created from the nose to the teeth and down to the chin. I also have trouble making 2/3 of the skull cranium and only 1/3 facial structure. I am pleased that these are the most of my troubles, since I will be able to focus on these issues and correct them in my further drawings. My drawing process is fairly slow and I have only come close to completing one of the three drawings. Unfortunately the skull I ordered online still hasn't arrived, so I envision my future self spending plenty of time in the lab in class and out working on the final two drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment