Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review Week 8

This week we continued to work on the in-class portrait drawings. We were given the week to finish the three drawings and revisit some of the models. I posed for the unusual view on Monday since I did that drawing outside of class due to my time absent on the field trip. I posed for the full three hours, which was once again very uncomfortable, but beneficial to my classmates nonetheless. On Wednesday I drew the back 3/4 view of Lauren. She was a bit of a sleepy model so the drawing was a little more difficult, but I'm sure she has her hands full as a new mom and I can't blame her for nodding off! I feel like the drawing process went much faster in this view being so familiar with the form from the skull drawings. I put emphasis on the ear and left her hair with no shading to show some of the process. Overall, I am happy with the outcome of my portraits and I look forward to getting feedback on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment